CMS Core Competencies
The Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) funded the Road Map of Core Competencies for the Direct Service Workforce, a multi-phased research project implemented through the National Direct Service Workforce (DSW) Resource Center. The purpose of this project is to:
- identify a common set of core competencies across community-based long-term services and supports (LTSS) sectors: aging, behavioral health (including mental health and substance use), intellectual and developmental disabilities, and physical disabilities; and
- assist states to take a more comprehensive and standardized approach to direct service workforce training and workforce quality improvement through the creation of a nationally-validated core competency set.
The DirectCourse content is designed to help you meet these core competency areas. See below for specific resources that demonstrate this!
- DirectCourse Core Competencies Cross-Walk: click here
- CMS Direct Service Workforce Core Competencies Webinar On January 22, Lori Sedlezky, MSW of the University of Minnesota RTC, presented the newly validated, CMS funded DSW Core Competencies.
- To view the presentation, click here.
- To download the slides, click here.
- Recorded webinars and slides for individual content areas:
- College of Personal Assistance and Caregiving: March 5th, 2pm EST
- College of Direct Support: March 18th, 2pm EST
- College of Recovery and Community Inclusion: April 1st, 2pm EST!
- Road Map of Core Competencies for the Direct Service Workforce click here.